Treatment of Umbilical Hernia is a Must

Hernia is defined as a swelling that develops as a result of the weakening or tearing of the inner layers of the abdominal muscles. Overload lifting, bronchitis etc. In diseases such as long-lasting cough and prolonged straining due to severe constipation, the muscle membranes weaken and as a result, a hernia may occur.

The umbilical hernia, which manifests itself with visible swelling and pain in the umbilical area, can be treated. Early diagnosis is essential.

Approximately 4-5 out of 100 people suffer from hernia, and 8-9% of them are umbilical hernias. Although umbilical hernia is seen in all ages and genders from birth, it is more common in overweight women who have given birth.”

What are the Causes of the Disease?
Severe increase in internal abdominal pressure. This disease occurs with Excessive pressure, excessive straining, lifting heavy loads, overloading the waist area, acting quickly and carelessly when sitting and standing up, excessive weight, loss of strength and some problems experienced during pregnancy are among the main causes of this disease.

Hernia can be seen in men and women of all ages. It is a disease that can be seen in everyone, from newborn children to elderly people. 90% of all hernias are inguinal hernias. Umbilical and incisional hernias make up the remaining 10%. Inguinal hernias are common in men, while umbilical hernias are common in women.

Early Diagnosis is Important

Umbilical hernia usually involves the omentum and thin tissue, which is the intra-abdominal fatty tissue. There is an intestine. If the swelling in the navel cannot be pushed inside, if sensitivity has increased, if there is an inability to go to the toilet, if nausea and vomiting occur, it should be kept in mind that there is disruption of circulation after the protruding intra-abdominal organs are trapped in the hernia hole, tissue destruction and urgent surgery is required before the trapped organ loses its vitality.

“ The only treatment for umbilical hernia in adulthood is surgery. Since umbilical hernia grows over time and can cause serious problems in overweight patients, it will be easier to repair it with surgery when it is small in size in the beginning and will be more successful in terms of results� �� he said.

He also underlined that the ideal thing before surgery is for the patient to lose weight if he is overweight and to treat and eliminate the factors that increase intra-abdominal pressure (chronic cough, constipation, prostate complaints, acid, etc.).

p>

“During the surgery, the umbilical pit is generally tried to be protected. The surgery is performed by open methods (primary closure and patch repair) or laparoscopic (closed) method.

Read: 0